265 Parawa Rd, Torrens Vale
This cottage on section 18 was built about 1863, probably by stonemason Richard Stone, for James and Ann Biddle, who had arrived in South Australia on the Forfarshire in 1848. They came to Torrens Vale about 1855. Ann died in 1872 and was buried in the Bible Christian cemetery. James later remarried and retired to Morphett Vale. His son James junior took over section 18, and the house has been passed down through the family from that time. The original slate roof collapsed about 2015.
YDHS resources relating to this place
22 photographs. Report on the house (2022) and notes for a YDHS tour in 1980.