Christ Church Yankalilla
132 Main South Road, Yankalilla
State Heritage Place No 10465
Land for the church was donated by Thomas Roads, who built the church. It opened on 9 July 1857. At that time the church consisted of a nave only, but a porch and vestry were added later. The latest addition was in 1995 when the vestry was extended. The church contains many historic items.
YDHS resources relating to this place
69 photos of church, 10 photos of the hall/school, 11 photos related to the school, 64 documents relating to the church, hall and school. Bibliography
Morgan. M.F. Christ Church Yankalilla 1857 to 2007. A story of change and continuity. Yankalilla, 2007
Noon, C.W.L. Christ Church Yankalilla, SA 1857 - 1957. Short Historical Record of the Church and its clergy, and some of its people, its Glebe and Rectory, and some of its activities. 1957