Second Valley Forest, off of Hay Flat Road.
Probably built about 1860 by Thomas White, this cottage became the home of the Putland family from 1875, when John Putland bought the land. Members of the Putland family continued to live in the cottage for many years, up until the mid-1950s. It was finally sold by Jessie Barton (neé Putland) in 1972 to Forestry SA.
YDHS resources relating to this place
12 photographs, 2 documents, Certificates of Title, report for Rose Cottage and section 1122.